If you use a vehicle for your business, you need to be aware of the benefits of commercial vehicle insurance. Even if you have regular vehicle insurance, it still won’t pay for the damage or injury incurred in an accident while your car is being used for business purposes.
Some business owners in North Carolina are reluctant to purchase commercial vehicle insurance in the belief that they won’t really need it. They are also concerned about the costs. But commercial vehicle insurance in North Carolina offers a lot of advantages, not the least of which is peace of mind.
Business owners deal with a lot of challenges day in and day out. Can you really afford to let your vehicles run without proper coverage? What’s going to happen if it gets into an accident? How will you pay for the damages or worse, medical treatment if someone gets injured?
Types of Commercial Vehicle Insurance
There are several kinds of commercial car insurance:
- You may opt for private and sporadic business use coverage, and this basically provides you with protection if your vehicle is not used primarily as a business
- There’s also private and business use coverage. This type of insurance provides combined coverage for both usage for the driver, and any other drivers indicated on the policy.
- If the vehicle is being used for business is a private car, then getting commercial coverage is recommended. If the driver utilizes it in the course of their work, then the vehicle should have commercial coverage.
- On the other hand, if your employees use their own private vehicles for work-related purposes, then they should get non-owned car insurance policies.
What Kind of Vehicles Can Be Covered by Commercial Insurance?
Generally, any vehicle that is used for business can be covered with commercial vehicle insurance. Examples are:
- Delivery vans
- Delivery trucks
- Taxi cabs
- Utility vans and trucks
Important Information You Should Know
To avoid problems with your insurance provider, you need to remember that:
- If a vehicle has a commercial auto insurance policy, it should only be used for commercial purposes.
- Your commercial insurance coverage will not pay for any damages if the accident occurred while you were driving the car for personal purposes.
- It will also not pay for the cost of medical treatment if the accident caused injury to a person while the vehicle was being used for personal purposes.
Purchasing Commercial Car Insurance
Once you’re ready to buy commercial vehicle insurance, you can make use of websites that can give you free insurance quotes. These tools will help you find the best prices for the coverage you need, without having to contact each insurance provider individually. You can shop for insurance quotes online conveniently and quickly.