The Aadhaar card linking has made mandatory by the government for all the resident of India. All the citizen of India needs to link the Aadhaar card with their active mutual fund investment. The government has already asked the mutual fund companies to make sure their investors should link Aadhaar to mutual funds by the limited time given by the government. If an investor fails to link the Aadhaar with their mutual funds, then their mutual fund investment will be inoperative after the given deadline of the government. The imperative means that they still are holding the mutual fund but they won’t be able to perform operations like purchasing, new ones, or sell or switch their existing holding.
If you one of the mutual fund investors who want to link their Aadhaar card yet, here is step by step good for linking your Aadhar with the funds.
Link our Aadhaar card via online at Karvy, CAMS and others.
The very first step of linking your Aadhaar to the mutual fund investment is to register your number and email id. Using the online portals restart your email id and mobile with the mutual fund’s investments you are holding. Make sure that the number you update with the mutual fund should be the same that is registered with your Aadhaar card. Go to the CAMS, Karvy, Franklin Templeton and Sundaram BNP Paribas websites to do the process. This will take maximum 2 minutes to register your number and email id.
You can also link your Aadhaar card with the mutual funds using the SMS service. Karvy and Cams offer the SMS service linking process to the people just go to their website and look out for the process. If you are more like the traditional way person of doing the documentation within-person facility then there is an option too. So, you can also link your Aadhaar card via filling a physical form and submitting to the officials.
Things you should know about the Aadhaar card linking
- Aadhaar linking the respective mutual fund investment is not mandatory for the NRI’s
- The government has announced that the offline linking facility is only for the organizations and non-individuals.
- According to the Aadhaar card linking regulations, if you have a folio with multiple holders then all the holders need to link their Aadhaar you can’t link only the primary holder’s Aadhaar.
- If anyone fails to link the Aadhaar with the mutual fund investment by the given time then the folios will be frozen and they can access it to perform a task.
Final Steps For Linking
- Visit the CAMS website for linking your Aadhaar card, the CAMS website holds the authority to access all the Aadhaar card information it will help you in linking your Aadhaar with the mutual funds. After landing on the website click on linking the Aadhaar card.
- Now, there will be a short form to fill your needs to fill in your details including, Email id, PAN number, mobile number, and Aadhaar number. While entering your mobile number make sure you enter Aadhaar registered mobile number. For mutual funds there will be an option for the company with mutual funds, select your bank or company for mutual fund Aadhaar linking and hit the submit button.
- Afterward, you will be taken to another window where you will be asked to enter the One Time Password sent to your registered mobile number. You will receive an SMS counting the OTP and you need to enter the top in the box and click submit button in the last. Once you click the submit button you will receive a success message on your mobile for successfully lining your Aadhaar with the mutual fund.