Cranes, Loaders, Hoists, Forklifts? What comes in your mind when you think of these huge tools and machines? These are machines that are used in factories and workshops primarily to lift and transport the industrial goods. Handing of these machines and tools is referred to as material handling equipment. In many factories and industries, the need to use them is rising. From the process of manufacturing to the production to their distribution, supply and disposal of the goods, there is always an Industrial Equipment for the movement, storage and protection of the goods.
There is a list of sub stages that have the requirement to handle varied object sizes. All this however depends on the kind of task being performed. Not only the size but also there are many other factors that govern the need for typical equipment like the object’s weight, chemical properties, temperature conditions, manner of handling the object etc. The use of this equipment improves the efficiency, adroitness and also maximises the stands of safety.
Varied Types of Material Handling Equipment
There is an assortment of a multitude of devices that need the support of these equipments like appliances, storage units, vehicles, accessories and tools. They are majorly powered by electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical forces and their category is based on the task of powering and processing them. Visit the website famaker.com.au for more knowhow and information.
- Equipments used for Transporting – These are used to move raw materials and goods from one site of the factory or industry to the other. They are subcategorised into –
- Trucks like the hand trucks, lift trucks, platform trucks and pallet jacks
- Cranes like Stacker, jib cranes, gantry and bridges
- Conveyors like single belt, long belt and snake sandwich belt
- Equipments used for Positioning: They are used ideally to handle a material in order to give it a right direction for position.
- Equipments used for Unit Load Formation: They balance the restricting materials to maintain the balance between handling and transportation.
- Equipments used for Identification: They are essentially used to collect and gather the information and communicate the same in order to maintain coordination.
- Equipments used for Storage: These equipments are used to store the materials and goods for a time period.
There are many equipments that are used in different industries; from packaging to poultry, chemical to waste water recycling and more, visit the site to know more.